Thursday, June 12, 2014

The Makeup Show Chicago 2014: Recap



Congratulations to The Makeup Show for another successful run in Chicago! Both days were full of eager makeup artist and enthusiasts looking to expand their current knowledge of makeup and techniques.  The Keynote speakers were both informative and inspiring!

I spent most of my day doing makeup and hair for  The Makeup Light booth. (See photos below) However I was able to sit in on Renny Vasquez's seminar and speak extensively with Maurice Stein of Cinema Secrets. A huge thank you to everyone who stopped by to wish me a happy birthday! You all made it a great day!



Keynote speakers Ricky Wilson and Pati Dubroff with James Vincent
The Makeup Light Booth 


All of the photos taken at the booth were lit by The Makeup Light Vanity or Key light. These lights gave some of the most beautiful artificial day light I've ever seen without the need of a filter. 

I'll do a comparison post and link here at a later date. 

Photo makeup and hair by Nicole Rogers (lit by the Vanity by The Makeup Light)
Photo by Viola Nicholson
Photo and makeup by Nicole Rogers

(Vanity *left*, The Key light *right*)







Model Noelle Lynn (makeup and hair by me)
Mua's Sherita, Natali, Bao and a werewolf lol
Pro Tip: All day I was asked about my MUFE flash color palette and glitter I was using. I don't do lots of face paining but I can count on my hand how many times I've used either commercially in the Chicago market…..zero. It's fun to have around for occasions like these though. 

Were you at The Makeup Show? I'd love to hear about your day. Leave comments below! 

Remember sharing is caring!

Nicole Rogers
www.NicoleRogersMakeup.com
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Twitter

1 comment:

  1. This is Jocelyn. It was great seeing you. I'm mad at you for making me want another light lol.

    ReplyDelete